Prospects of Stainless Steel Production
April 25-26, 2007, Zaporozhye, Ukraine
Day one: April 25, 2007
9-00-10-00 - Registration desk opens
10-00 – 12-00 Session one:
• Dneprospetsstal in the market of stainless long products: from leadership in the CIS to global markets
Konstantin A. Ilchenko, Deputy Chairman for Marketing and Sales, Dneprospetsstal
• Update on the world stainless steel bar market
Markus Moll, Senior Market Analyst, SMR
• Product range extention as an integral part of production development
Andrey S. Serdyuk, Specialist of department of new product development, Nikopol Stainless Management
• AGIS STEEL experience in sales of Chinese stainless steel long products
Oleg V. Pavlov , Head of sales department, stainless steel long products , AGIS STEEL
• Technological development and efficiency improvement of stainless steel production
Alexander Y. Kuzmenko, Head of Electric Furnace Steelmaking Laboratory, Dneprospetsstal
12-00-12-30 – Coffee break
12-30 – 14-00 Session two:
• Situation and trends of stainless pipe and tube market in Russia
Oleg P. Kulik, Representative, CIS and Baltics, Tubacex S.A.
• Development and testing of non- metallic inclusion identification and automatic evaluation procedures on stainless steel samples according to ISO, DIN, ASTM, GOST standards by means of VideoTest System using ZEISS AXIOVERT 200 MAT and REÌ SUPRA 40 WDS microscopes
Raisa V. Yatsenko, Leading researcher, Candidate of science, Ukr NIISpetsstal
• Aspects of special steel markets in Russia and CIS
Roman R. Modzgvrishvili, General Director of Trade House, Êrasniy Oktyabr
• Price trends and evaluation of consumption of stainless long products in 2007
Semen V. Chernykh, Stainless steel long products and tubes& pipes market reporter, Metal Courier Information Agency
14-00 – 15-00 Lunch
15-00 – 17-00 Session three:
• Development prospects of stainless steel melting technologies, product range extension and quality improvement
Larisa K. Orzhitskaya, Leading researcher, Candidate of science, UkrNIISpetsstal
• Quality and competitiveness enhancement of Dneprospetsstal stainless steel products
Alexander N. Tumko, Deputy Head of R & D Center, Dneprospetsstal
• Stainless steel product mix extension
Boris A. Levin, Head of Technical Department, Dneprospetsstal.
19-00 Gala dinner, restaurant "Zaporiz'ka Sich"
Day Two: April 26, 2007
11-00 – 14-00 Excursion program
15-00 – 17-00 Visit to Dneprospetsstal (by prior arrangements)
Stainless steel producers and traders as well as consumers (machine building and power industry) are invited to participate in the event.
Among the invited companies:
• Metallurgical companies, management companies – Nikopol Stainless Pipe Works, Nikopol Stainless Management, Zlatoustovsky Steel Works, Midland Capital Management LTD , Asha Steel Mill, Serp i Molot Steel Works, Mechel, ÒÌÊ, UVIS, Beloretsk Steel Works, Arcelor, Tubacex .
• Traders – Agis Steel, Volzhsk Trading Company, Continental, Passat, Uniton Spetsstal, Baltic Steel, Galion, RDO, Special Steel and Alloys and others.
• Machine building enterprises – Zorya-Mashproekt, Samara Valve Plant, Belgorod Energy Machine Building Plant, TechAviaProm, Motorostroitel, Perm Engine Works, Motor-Sich and others.
Arrangement and terms of participation
Date and Place: April 25-26, 2007, Ukraine, Zaporozhye, Dneprospetsstal Culture Center
April 24 - Arrival and accommodation
April 25 – Working sessions
April 26 – Visit at Dneprospetsstal
April 27 – Departure
Registration fee (VAT included): 760 UAH / 3 950 RUB / 150 $
The fee includes: participation in sessions, documents, simultaneous translation, coffee during breaks, lunch, cocktail reception on the opening day, excursions.
Regarding the conference participation, please contact:
Mila Kirpik, tel. +38 061 283-42-57
You have to fill in the application form before April 12, 2007.
List of Participants